Easy S’mores Brownies
The crisp fall weather means it’s time for bonfires and s’mores, but you don’t have to have a fire pit in your backyard to enjoy this classic treat. Did you know there is such a thing as an indoor s’mores maker? I’m contemplating purchasing one as a family Christmas gift. My kids have been asking to make s’mores recently. However, we also don’t have an outside firepit. I suppose we should invest in one since winter is most of the year here in Minnesota. But in the meantime, now that school’s back in session, I like to make fun seasonal after school treats on Fridays. Normally, I whip up cucumber and cream cheese or celery with peanut butter snacks, but sometimes the kids want a sweet treat and Halloween is right around the corner. Sure, we could make s’mores in the microwave but that’s too easy. I decided to compromise with Easy S’mores Brownies in the oven. The keyword is easy.
If you have the time or interest, you can remove the word “easy ” from the title and create this recipe by scratch. My mom’s brownie recipe combined with my homemade graham cracker crust would be outstanding but being a working mom I sometimes desire something quick but still tasty.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links and I may earn a small commission when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
- One box Pillsbury Milk Chocolate Brownies plus 2 eggs; 2/3 cup of oil; 1/4 cup of water (or acceptable replacements)
- Pre-made graham cracker pie crust
- 35-ish large marshmallows
Easy S’mores Brownies Directions
- Make brownie batter following box recipe.
- Crunch up the pie crust and place in pie pan then pour the batter over the crust.
- Bake according to directions.
- Remove brownies and cover the top with marshmallows. Place pie pan back in the oven and broil for a short time until marshmallows are toasty. Tip: Stand by the oven and monitor. Marshmallows will brown very quickly.
The girls helped me the first time we made these and were they hit! The kids actually asked if they could them for dinner. The brownie combined with the graham crust is a perfect combination while broiling the marshmallows briefly is enough to make them melt just right. Best of all, it’s super easy. If you’re looking for a fun contribution to a Halloween party this recipe will be a hit. Just have the wet wipes ready.